Just the Facts has an excellent breakdown on security in Latin America in a variety of areas. Among the numbers:
- Only one in every 300 guns circulating in Mexico is legal and documented.
- Bolivia is spending $35-40 million US dollars on anti-drug programs this year, providing a reminder that coca legalization and anti-drug measurements are separate matters.
- Landmines killed 13 children in Colombia last year.
- Cuba has 90 political prisoners, up from 45 just 9 months ago.
- 168 explosive devices have detonated since 2005.
As they say, read the whole thing here.